Digital innovation in insurance are moving faster than ever — and this May in Austin, Texas, the DigIn conference will spend three days focusing on the change.
DigIn offers attendees three days of networking, the chance to hear from industry leaders and the opportunity to view live demonstrations of some of the most game-changing insurtech options available today.
Here’s what the conference has in store for May 15 and 16.
Morning, Day 2: Briefings for Early Birds, Coffee and Keynotes
If you’re an early riser, registration opens at 7:15 a.m. for Day 2, followed by the chance to grab coffee and participate in your choice of two “Breakfast Briefing” sessions. From 7:30 to 8:15, those briefings include:
- “Leveraging People-Based Marketing to Increase Customer Lifetime Value,” sponsored by Jornaya
- “Driving Digital Innovation Across Platforms and Channels,” sponsored by Guidewire
At 8:30 a.m., futurist author will deliver the Day 2 keynote address. Then, you will be able to join other insurance industry professionals for a networking breakfast in the Innovation Hall from 9:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
Day 2: Speakers and Demonstrations
After breakfast, sit back and listen to insights from some key thinkers in the industry — and then enjoy some live demonstrations of exciting insurtech options.
At 9:45 a.m., speakers of State Auto and of Rev1 Ventures will delve into the topic “What State Auto Has Learned from Its Innovation Lab.” Garland and Walker have both been involved in insurtech implementation projects and will provide insight on how to implement effectively, from addressing internal culture to finding capital partners.
From 10:30 to 11:00 a.m., of Ernst & Young will discuss how companies can embrace digital change. Yen, a strategy and innovation leader for EY, will help attendees understand the latest insights regarding digital options as a driver of growth.
At 11:00 a.m., demonstrations begin. Day 2’s demo lineup features 13 vendors and products:
- EIS Group
- Cambridge Mobile Telematics
- The Floow
- Liferay, Inc.
- DXC Technology
Following the demonstrations, there will be a networking lunch in the Innovation Hall from 12:20 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., along with the chance to attend any of the three “Industry Innovation Lunch Sessions” scheduled for the same time. Day 2’s lunch sessions include:
- “Bridging the Digital Gap in Insurance.” of Pegasystems will demystify the process of transitioning to a digital world for insurers and insurance companies.
- “How to Successfully Execute on Digital Innovation in Insurance.” of SAP will provide insight for insurers who know the what and why of making the digital leap, but are still working out the how.
- “Machine Learning: Powering Accelerated Underwriting With Clinical Data.” What if you could harness the data in electronic medical records to generate more nuanced incidence tables? This talk, sponsored by Intersystems, will show how machine learning can be leveraged to do just that.
At 1:30 p.m., choose the breakout session track of your choice, or mix and match for a customized experience.
Day 2: Breakout Sessions
The first round of breakout sessions on Day 2 starts at 1:30 p.m. Options include:
- “Using AI to Help Insurance Underwriters Meet the Pace of Digital Transformation,” featuring of HM Risk Group and of Slottsviken AB.
- “Blockchain for Insurance: Beyond Smart Contracts,” featuring of Esurance and Cristina Dolan of InsureX Technologies.
A breakout session on the IoT and Telematics track is also planned for 1:30 p.m., but has yet to be announced.
At 2:05 p.m., breakout session options include:
- “State of Chatbots: From Growing Pains to All Grown Up,” featuring moderator of Novarica and panelists of Claimbot, of Ameritas, of USAA and of Nationwide.
- “Detecting Insurance Fraud Using Advanced Analytics and Innovative Technology,” featuring of Allstate.
The 2:40 p.m. round of breakout sessions includes:
- “Lessons Learned from Insurtech Pitches,” featuring moderator of Digital Insurance and panelists and of XL Catlin, and of Hartford InsurTech Hub.
- “Marketing Car Insurance to Gen Z,” featuring of Marmalade.
At 3:10 p.m., take a break to absorb the afternoon’s information, or enjoy a networking event in the foyer, sponsored by Arity.
At 3:30 p.m., breakout sessions resume with options like:
- “Top 3 Most Important Trends Driving Digital Transformation,” featuring of Ingo Money and of Aite Group.
- “Create & Launch New Direct to Consumer Products: Capture the Mid-Markets and Millennial Consumers,” featuring of SE2, of Hawthorne Advisors and of John Hancock Financial Services.
Take a brief break at 4:00, then dive into the 4:05 p.m. round of breakout sessions for Day 2, which include:
- “How AI Could Enhance the Insurance Consumer Journey,” featuring moderator of Clearlink and panelists of XSELL Technologies, of Insureon and of SYKES Enterprises.
- “Next Generation Data: Claims Activity Through the Looking Glass,” featuring of Carpe Data and of Allstate.
The final round of breakout sessions on Day 2 starts at 4:40 p.m. It includes a to-be-announced session in the AI & Machine Learning track, as well as these already-announced sessions:
- “IoT Making Our Roads Safer,” featuring of Together for Safer Roads, of PTOLEMUS Consulting Group and of Octo Telematics North America.
- “Are Carriers or Insurtechs the Key to Innovation?”, featuring of RiskGenius, of CSAA Insurance Group and of QBE Insurance Group.
Finish off the day with a networking reception in the Innovation Hall from 5:10 to 6:30 p.m. Or network, take a break, and enjoy the VIP party and barbecue from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. for a rousing finish to Day 2.
Day 3: The Perfect Finish
Day 3 will start early at 7:15 a.m., when registration opens. There will be coffee in the foyer until 8:30, along with a breakfast briefing titled “Customer Communications are Critical to Claims Digital Transformation,” sponsored by Quadient.
At 8:25 a.m., join conference chairperson Nathan Golia of Digital Insurance for a brief recap, followed by the Day 3 keynote, “Beyond Mobile: What’s Next in Digital Insurance?” Day 3’s keynote speaker is , AVP of Emerging Technologies at USAA.
The final networking breakfast from 9:00 to 9:45 a.m. in the Innovation Hall will be laid-back, and the speakers who follow promise to put the finishing touches on an information-packed conference. They include:
- of Metlife, on “Surviving the Innovation Danger Zone”
- of Root, on “Insurers on the Cybersecurity Frontline”
Two panels round out DIgIn 2018. The first, chaired by Celent Senior Analyst , will focus on “Insurance Visionaries: Looking Ahead.” Panelists will include of Kin Insurance, of Boost Insurance, of The Zebra and of .
The final panel will ask, “Insurtechs - What’s Next?” This panel will give VCs a chance to share their thoughts. Moderator of Nationwide will lead panelists of Transamerica Ventures, of Liberty Mutual Strategic Ventures and of Northwestern Mutual Future Ventures in an insightful discussion.
Will we be seeing you in Austin? Keep in touch on social media with #DigIn2018!
images by: rawpixel/©123RF Stock Photo, maxoidos/©123RF Stock Photo, rawpixel/©123RF Stock Photo